About Me

Hello, I hope everyone is doing well. My mom and I will try to keep this up to date for all our family and friends who we miss!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hawaii 2008 - First Plane Ride

Andy, Ella and I went on our first 'real' vacation this past week. We braved the skies, sun and all other things that come when traveling with an 8 week old!!!


The Plane Ride - to Hawaii ~ Ella was a angel on her first plane ride. She slept most of the way and never said a word. She aggressively sucked on her pacifier going 'up' and 'down' so no issues with the ears. We landed in LA after leaving Medford (50 minutes late) so needless to say we missed our flight ... best news ... the next flight available was at 5:30pm ... it was 10:30am at the time! So for the next 7 hours we got to hang out. We decided to get a day pass to the American Airlines board room ... I could not stomach changing and feeding her all day in the dirty airport! The board room offered us a few more luxuries and a much cleaner bathroom. We hung out for several hours ... she pretty much just slept and ate. We finally boarded our flight to Hawaii ... again she was an angel. She slept for an hour or so, woke up, ate, went back to sleep and never made a sound. I must say traveling with an infant definitely adds a new element. :-)



The Plane Ride - home ~ not much to report except for ... she slept the entire way home. We had the red eye flight so it was bedtime for her. She had her own seat so I was able to lay her down between Andy and I. She did not mind at all. On the last leg into Medford she slept most of the way ... then I smelt it ... how bad could it be right??? She had a major blow out! It is important to note that this has only happened two or three times ... so ... when I went to change her I was not expecting it to be up her stomach and all over her back! Of course I was panicking and she was loving being naked! I got her all cleaned up and she just hung out the rest of the way.


Andy and I were truly blessed. She was an angel!

Here is a picture of her sleeping on the plane.

No comments: